May 10, 2021
RE: Give & Grow Scholarship Recipients Announced
Contact: Tara Wachendorf, Public Relations Director
GreenState Credit Union is proud to announce the recipients of the 2021 Give & Grow Scholarship Program. The program emphasizes the importance of giving back to our communities through volunteer hours and contributions to non-profit organizations. GreenState is awarding a $1,500 college scholarship to each of the six recipients. In addition, GreenState will donate $1,500 to the charity of the scholarship winner’s choice. The recipients are:
- Hannah Vogts is the daughter of Jeff and Bethany Vogts. Hannah will attend The University of Iowa and the charity she chose is the North Liberty Community Pantry.
- Kara Maiers is the daughter of Tina and David Maiers. Kara will attend Kirkwood Community College and the charity she chose is the Ronald McDonald House of Eastern Iowa & Western Illinois.
- Katya Kleman is the daughter of Ian and Gina Kleman. Katya will attend Kirkwood Community College and the charity she chose is The Boys & Girls Club of the Corridor.
- Lauren De Young is the daughter of Barry and Melinda De Young. Lauren will attend Arizona State University and the charity she chose is the North Liberty Public Library.
- Spencer Knight is the son of Jeff and Summer Knight. Spencer will attend The University of Nebraska and the charity he chose is Houses into Homes.
- Vikashprithvi Ayyappan is the son of Ayyappan Ponneaiyan and Sasireka Ayyappan. Vikash will attend The University of Iowa and the charity he chose is the Northeast Iowa Food Bank.
“Our commitment to the communities we serve is consistent with the credit union philosophy of “people helping people,” according to Public Relations Director, Tara Wachendorf. “GreenState is pleased to offer this scholarship program to college applicants, while at the same time honoring the winners by donating to a charity they are passionate about.”