2020 Give & Grow Scholarship Program
Applications for the 2020 Give & Grow Scholarship Program have ended. We are reviewing applications and will announce winners mid to late March.
Rules & Regulations
The GreenState Community Give & Grow Scholarship Program emphasizes the importance of “Giving Back to our Communities” through volunteer hours and contributions to non-profit organizations. GreenState Credit Union will award up to six $1,000 non-renewable college scholarships to GreenState members who plan to attend an accredited college or university as full-time, first-year students. Qualified students planning to attend a community, trade, or technical college will be considered. In addition to each Give & Grow Scholarship awarded, GreenState will donate $1,000 to a non-profit organization of the scholarship winner’s choosing.
- Entrants must be a GreenState member “in good standing” prior to submitting a scholarship entry form.
II. Entry Requirements
- Entrants must complete and sign the official entry form.
- Entrants must submit an official high school transcript.
- Entrants must submit one letter of recommendation.
- Entrants must write an original essay up to 500 words on the following topic:
Tell us about your volunteer experience and why it is important to you.
All materials mentioned in Section II must be submitted by the deadline date of Friday, February 28, 2020.
- A panel of impartial judges selected by GreenState Community Relations Department will select the scholarship recipients.
- Each judge will award a maximum of 10 points in each of the following areas: give-back volunteer hours to the community, scholastic standing, extracurricular activities, and essay. Entries will also be judged on adherence to contest rules.
- GreenState Internal Auditor will tabulate the results to determine the winners. All decisions of the credit union are final. Winners will be announced in March 2020.
IV. Administrative/Award Procedures
- Recipients must begin studies during 2020-2021 academic year. Incoming freshman recipients must be enrolled as a student at a vocational, trade, 2-year or 4-year college, approved for the guaranteed student loan program.
- GreenState will forward the scholarship funds when written verification is received from the registrar at the college where the student is enrolled. The scholarship winner's check will be payable to both the recipient and the college and mailed to the recipient.
- Funds are to be used exclusively for tuition, room and board, book and educational supply expenses.
- Each of the scholarship winners will select a non-profit organization to which GreenState will donate $1,000. The following caveats apply to the chosen charity:
- The organization's primary mission is non-religious, non-sectarian, non-denominational, non-discriminatory, non-political.
- The organization is consistent with our non-discrimination policies and practices. We will not donate to organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
- The organization must be a valid 501(c)(3) entity.
Authority of GreenState Credit Union
GreenState has the ultimate authority to amend any of the above rules to ensure fairness in the award of the scholarships. Any questions regarding the scholarship should be addressed in writing to the address mentioned above.