We offer free bill pay that you can use to pay most bills. You can also use bill pay to mail a check to any person in the United States.
We do not suggest using bill pay to make payments to GreenState loans or Credit Cards. To pay a GreenState loan or Credit Card please see our article: Making Payments.
Before you can send a payment, you'll need to create a contact for the person or company you'd like to pay. If you'd like instructions, head over here: Getting started with Bill Pay.
- Login to online banking from our homepage.
- Once signed into online banking click or tap on the Bill Pay tab.
- Now click or tap on the Pay with Bill Pay sub menu option.
- Your Payees will be listed on the Pay Bills tab. There you can make a payment or schedule one for a future date.
- Select the date you'd like be payment to arrive by and enter the amount you'd like to pay.
- Choose the account you want to pay from. Enter the amount and payment date, then select Review Payments.
- Review your payment information. If your payee, payment amount, payment date, and account are correct, select Submit Payments.
How are payments sent, and how long do they take?
- If the recipient is part of our payment provider's electronic network (most large companies are) the payment will be sent electronically. It'll arrive within 2 business days after it's withdrawn.
- If they're not part of this network, they'll be mailed a paper check. Payments sent by check should arrive within 5 business days after they're withdrawn. (That's generally a week, unless a Federal banking holiday happens to occur.)
- When you schedule a payment, you'll see the date it's guaranteed to arrive (Deliver by date).
How will I know if a payment check is cashed? Do checks expire?
- If a payment is sent as a paper check, you will know it has been cashed once the funds are withdrawn from your GreenState checking account.
- Payment checks are valid for 90 days from the date it is sent. This expiration date is printed on the check. If a check expires, some banks may still allow it to be cashed/deposited.
- We do not place stop payments against checks that are not cashed within 90 days, but if you would like to stop payment on a check you can do so online by following the steps in our Stop Payments article.